Library Tech Pages
Check Spelling and Grammar in a different language with Microsoft Word ™
Normally people need this because Word does not automatically detect the language correctly.
To change the language for spell check
With your document open in Microsoft Word ™ select the text you wish to spell check or press CTRL+a on the keyboard to select the whole document.
- Click on Review tab at the top of the Word window
- Click the down arrow under the language button
- Click "Set Proofing Language"
- In the language box scroll down and then select the language you want.
- Deselect the checkbox that says "Detect language automatically" or it may not set the language you want to spell check in.