These are the services that the Sojourner Truth Library provides that are found on the Ground Level.
The Ground floor of the Library houses the Stacks books with LC call numbers from P through Z.
P: Language & Literature
U: Military Science
V: Naval Science
Z: Bibliography-Library Science
Library of Congress Classification
All of the older print issues of journals are located on the Ground Floor. The Compact Shelving area contains back issues of journals with call Numbers A-N. Journals with call numbers P-Z are interfiled with the books.
- Journals are shelved according to the LC Classification system
- If the Catalog says "Compact Shelving"look for your journal by call number in this area.
Microform Cabinets and Viewing Room
STL has hundreds of titles on microfilm and microfiche, including:
- The complete New York Times dating back to 1851
- Reprints of rare books found in the Short Title Catalog of English books, 1475 to 1640
- ERIC (ED) documents
The US Government is a rich resource of information in all subject areas, from agriculture to law to space exploration.
- This collection is organized using SUDOCS numbers
- STL also collects NYS and local government documents
- An increasing number of "Gov Docs" are also found online.
Link to our Gov. Docs website
The Quiet Study area is on the Ground Floor of the library.
Next: STL18-the library's classroom
Top of this page
Back to the Main Floor
Upstairs To the Concourse