Library Tech Pages
Wireless Printing in the Library
Wireless printing has changed this year
Instead of installing the PaperCut client on your device you sign into a "web client" & the web client will also be where you release jobs.
NOTE: The old method still works if you set up your laptop in previous years.
Printing with the web client works like this:
- Sign on to the web client (see link below)
- Print to one of the wireless printers and the job will show up in the web client jobs
- Then click the "Printers" button in the upper right to release jobs
- Select the printer you sent the job to & release the job from the printer
Bookmark this page
Papercut Web Client: http://print.newpaltz.edu/webclient
If you need to install one of the library printers
Copy the URL for the printer you want then read the "Adding a printer..." instructions from the appropriate link below.
Adding a printer instructions for you operating system
iPad, iPhone and Android devices need special set up please use the campus page below.
All Campus Wireless printing articles
NOTE-APPLE OSX: Double sided printing requires one step not in the instructions for your apple device!
- Find and select the "Duplex_installed" option in the the printer properties that show after you click the Add button.
If you are still using the installed PaperCut client from last year
- You can login to PaperCut any time by right clicking the PaperCut icon by the clock on the bottom right hand side of your PC screen and choosing "Login as"
- NOTE: If your laptop goes to sleep you may need to log in to PaperCut again.
- Print jobs do not print out until you go to the PaperCut print release web page and tell them to print. See Below:
Releasing your print jobs with the PaperCut web page
Bookmark the Print job release web page:
After printing, your jobs will not come out until you release them with these steps:
- Double click the PaperCut icon by the clock OR Click the Details link in the Print Balance Window, OR Sign on to the PaperCut web page with your normal SUNY New Paltz user ID and password
- Click on the Jobs Pending release link on the left, then select and release your print jobs to the printer