Library Tech Pages
Wireless Printing in the Library
First Book mark these 2 pages
- Use these printer queue URLs to copy and paste from during set up when in the add a printer step:
Here are The campus wireless printing instructions
NOTE: Apple OSX Double sided printing requires one step not in the instructions !
To make double sided printing available on a MAC:
- The printer properties show after you click the Add button then you must find and select the "Duplex_installed" option.
- If you installed the printer with out duplex selected go to System Preferences / Print & Scan and delete the printer and add it again. See the link Wireless printing on Mac OSX for the complete procedure.
After you have wireless printing set up
- You can login to PaperCut any time by right clicking the PaperCut icon by the clock and choosing "Login as"
- NOTE: If your laptop goes to sleep you may need to log in to PaperCut again.
- Print jobs do not print out until you go to the PaperCut print release web page and tell them to print. See Below
Login looks like this:
Releasing your print jobs with the PaperCut web page
Book mark the Print job release web page:
After printing, your jobs will not come out until you release them with these steps:
- Double click the PaperCut icon by the clock
- Click the Details link in the Print Balance Window
- Sign on to the PaperCut web page with your normal SUNY New Paltz user ID and password
- Click on the Jobs Pending release link on the left, then select and release your print jobs to the printer
Then keep the PaperCut web page open all the time to release more print jobs.