Print / Media Course Reserves
Course Reserves allows instructors to put class materials in a separate collection for short term loans. Any type of material may be placed on Course Reserves including required and supplemental materials.
Place Items on Reserve
- Download and print out a Print/Media Course Reserves Form. Please fill out all fields specified on the form.
- Bring items for Course Reserves to the Circulation Department along with the completed forms. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Reserves Forms via email.
- Items are processed in the order they are received. To expedite processing, please submit your reserve items two weeks before the start of classes.
- Personal items may be placed on Course Reserves, however the faculty member must assume all liability for loss or damage to these items. Please be aware that personal items will be marked with stickers and tape.
- Books and media checked out from other libraries cannot be placed on Course Reserves. This includes Netflix, Redbox, Interlibrary loan books, etc.
- If a Faculty member needs access to an item on Course Reserves for another course, a Permission Form is required.
- DVDs and CDs must be in a case. Paper sleeves are not accepted.
- With the exception of Teaching Assistants who have been granted explicit written permission, no third party may submit forms or materials for Course Reserves.
Course Reserves Removal Policies
At the end of the Spring semester all items are removed and personal items returned via campus mail. If you would like to pick up your items, please do so BEFORE the end of the semester. The library is not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail. To renew Fall Course Reserves for the Spring, please notify Circulation staff prior to the end of the Fall semester. Unfortunately, we cannot renew Spring Course Reserves for the following Fall.
Item Purchase Request
If the library does not own a book or item you need for Course Reserves, please submit an Online Book Request Form. It may be possible for the library to purchase the materials (note: please confirm that you have an active library account before submitting your request). Be aware that the library does not generally purchase textbooks.
Checkout Desk: (845) 257-3714
Cathy Cooper, Course Reserves Clerk: email@example.com