Library Study Room Policy
The Sojourner Truth Library has 11 individual study rooms and 3 group study rooms available for the use of current students, faculty, and staff, who have validated SUNY New Paltz ID cards.
An INDIVIDUAL STUDY ROOM is designed for the use of ONE person only.
A GROUP STUDY ROOM is intended for the use of a GROUP of two or more people.
General Guidelines for Use:
- All study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A study room key is checked out for ONE DAY to one borrower. In the case of an individual study room, it is to be used ONLY by the person who checked out the key. It may not be shared or passed to another individual.
- The key must be returned to the Checkout Desk by closing time on the same day. There will be a $2.00 fine per day for an unreturned key. It will be declared lost 7 days after the due date and the borrower will be responsible for the replacement cost plus a processing fee of $10.00.
- Occupants of individual and group study rooms must adhere to the Code of Library Conduct. This includes no food consumption, maintaining reasonable noise levels, and leaving the rooms in good condition for the next users.
- The windows and walls may not be covered or altered by the occupants.
- The Library is not responsible for items left unattended.
- Occupants may be asked to leave the library for inappropriate behavior. Their borrowing privileges may also be suspended.