The New Library Platform Is Here!
SUNY libraries have migrated to a new platform that manages physical collections, electronic resources, and resource sharing (interlibrary loan). This new platform will allow SUNY libraries to better share resources and coordinate services, and will enable a more comprehensive catalog of the resources offered by SUNY New Paltz.
Now that it is online, we encourage the campus to experiment with it, familiarize yourselves with the new look, and ask us questions.
The new interface has several features that we think will appeal to faculty and students alike:
- Videos, books, and databases integrated in one search tool
- Simpler access to books and other physical materials in the SUNY system
- Allows users to save and label favorite searches or articles
- Mobile-friendly (re-sizable) design
- Easier to search for items in special locations such as Course Reserves
A major migration such as this is challenging. Every effort will be made to minimize impacts on resource availability; however, some disruptions may occur. We thank you for your patience as we work through the process, especially during the immediate post-migration period in July and August, when we will be doing intensive cleanup. Although the new user interface is intuitive, this change will also require adjustments on the user end and we will do our best to support the campus in making this change.
More to come soon.