Access to campus technology remotely
Remote access to special software used in your academic departments
Academic departments in coordination with campus IT should be disseminating information to your instructors about online access to specialized software and possibly remote access to some special Lab PCs on campus soon.
You can ask your instructor OR ask at support.newpaltz.edu.
Other available sources for special software
- Accessing Adobe Creative Cloud at Home
- How do I install Microsoft Office to my personal computer or device?
Campus Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI server
Offers easy but slow access to virtual PCs with special software for a variety of departments.
RHV and Linux accounts access to Linux remote desktops
For projects that involve server management tasks and programming in Linux.
- Start Here – General Guidance Read first for general guidance; then, proceed to other categories for planning and system recommendations.
- Student Resources Instructions for distance learning tools
- Accessing Services Remotely Utilizing VPN, Remote Desktop (VDI), Software, Campus Phones, Email, Campus File Storage
- WebEx and Bb Collaborate Campus Supported Web-Conferencing Programs
- Blackboard and Instructional Tools Building and managing lectures and assignments on the campus Learning…
- Recorded Webinars and Official Communication Archive Webinars and training created by OIT and archive of official campus messages.
Library electronic resources online learning
Ask a librarian services:
Call a Librarian (845) 257-3710
Text a Librarian (845) 262-2011
Email a Librarian email@example.com
Average response time: 15-20 min
Remote Consultation with a librarian