Access to campus technology remotely
Remote Desktop to Campus Lab Student PCs
Campus Support Document: How to Connect to Campus Classrooms / Labs Computers Remotely
Library remote PC connection notes:
- First install and log into the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software. Using the campus VPN with install how to links
- Next find an available PC on the campus remote desktop portal here: Campus labs Remote Desktop Portal
- When you click the Connect button a file called an RDP file downloads to your PC
- Mac PCs need to also install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, run it and import the RDP file like this:
- Run the file when it downloads either from your browsers downloads or double click it in the folder you downloaded to
- Answer yes to any prompts until you get a User Password & STOP because the user ID has to be entered in a special way
Type active and a backslash “active\” before your user-id: type user ID like this: active\myuserid
- “active” is the name of the network the PC and your user account is on, it is required when using remote desktop
Remote access to special software used academic departments
Academic departments in coordination with campus IT should be disseminating information to your instructors about online access to specialized software and possibly remote access to some special Lab PCs on campus soon.
You can ask your instructor OR ask at support.newpaltz.edu.
Other available sources for special software you can use at home
- Accessing Adobe Creative Cloud at Home
- How do I install Microsoft Office to my personal computer or device?
Campus Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI server
Offers easy but slow access to virtual PCs with special software for a variety of departments.
Library electronic resources online learning
Ask a librarian services:
Call a Librarian (845) 257-3710
Text a Librarian (845) 262-2011
Email a Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org
Average response time: 15-20 min
Remote Consultation with a librarian