To borrow materials you must have a validated college ID-card. Present this card and the items you wish to borrow at the Checkout Desk on the Main floor of the library. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card. Promptly report lost ID-cards at the Checkout Desk.
It is your responsibility to return books and other materials when due. Due dates are on the receipt you receive when borrowing items.
Complete Loan Policy Information for Library Materials, including loan periods, maximum number of items, maximum number of renewals, fine and “lost” policies.
- Student loan period for books: 60 days; for videos: 30 days. Students may have a maximum of 50 loans at one time. All items are due back in the library at the end of every semester.
- Faculty and staff due dates occur at the end of each semester. Items charged out to faculty or staff may be requested by another patron and subject to recall following an initial 28-day minimum loan period.
- Items can be checked out beyond the end of the semester if registration/employment status is verified for the next semester.
- Books and other materials may be renewed if no one else has requested them.
- For students, two 60-day renewals are possible for books and two 30-day renewal for videos.
- Renewals may be made in-person, online or call 845-257-3714.
- To renew in person you must present the book(s) and your ID-card at the Checkout Desk.
- Click here for online renewal instructions.
- Items requested will result in “recall” of the item once the initial loan has been more than 28 days. If you have an item that is being recalled, you will receive notification to return items that have been requested. These items are subject to a $2.00 per day per recalled item fee.
- If the item you want is charged out to another person, you may request it online via the online catalog and click on Login/User Info or ask to have library staff to do it for you at the Checkout Desk.
- To place a hold, click on the book’s call number. On the next screen, click “place Hold”. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted for your user information. You will be notified by mail or email when the book is returned. If you need the book before the due date, you may ask at the Checkout Desk to have the book recalled for you.
- Return books to the book drop at the Checkout Desk. When the library is closed, materials may be returned through the book drops near the Main and Concourse level entrances.
- Overdue books incur a $0.25 per day fine;reserve materials a $2.00 per day fine.
- All library email communication including overdue notices, recalls, and holds, is sent to your email account. Library notices are a courtesy. All patrons are responsible for due date and fines incurred.
- If your library account has a balance due on it, a hold will be placed and you will not be permitted to register, receive your grades and/or transcripts until your account is settled.
- Library fines and fees may now be paid via the web. From this page PAY LIBRARY FINES. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, or Electronic Check. Once the payment has been made, the HOLD in Banner will be removed automatically.
- Fines can also be paid in person at the Checkout Desk. For payment in person, we accept cash, or money order. Holds will be removed within a 24 hour period.
LOST AND DAMAGED MATERIAL
- Items returned damaged will incur fees for repair or replacement. Fees are $5.00 for a simple repair; $15.00 for extensive repairs; and the current replacement cost plus a $10.00 processing fee for a book that can’t be repaired.
- Theft and mutilation of library materials will result in replacement costs. The charge for lost or severely damaged books includes the current replacement cost of the book plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- Theft and mutilation of library materials will result in disciplinary action.