Faculty Family Borrowing Privileges
Visitors are welcome to use the library collections in the Sojourner Truth Library at SUNY New Paltz. Only registered library users may check out books from the library.
Becoming a registered user
If a faculty member is a registered library user, his/her family members may become registered library users under the following conditions:
- SUNY ID card is required for borrowing. The Checkout Desk will provide a permission card for College Auxiliary Services to issue a card. Faculty Family member must pay for the ID card.
- Faculty Family member should be at least 14 years old and a member of the Faculty member’s household.
- Book loan periods will be four weeks. One renewal period will be allowed.
- Faculty family borrower will be responsible for payment for overdue fines(@ $0.25 a day per book), lost or damaged books (cost of book plus $10 processing fee).
- Faculty Family members with delinquent accounts will be suspended from borrowing. The faculty member will be notified if payment is owed for lost or damaged books.