Interlibrary Loan – ILLiad
- What Is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
- Who Can Request Interlibrary Loan Service?
- What Can Be Requested?
- How Do You Request Interlibrary Loan Service?
- How Do You Receive the Materials You Request?
- What Interlibrary Loan Services are Available to Distance Learners?
What Is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a library service provided to SUNY New Paltz faculty, staff, and students.
- Our new ILL service is called ILLiad (InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database). ILLiad allows you to request items electronically and to track the progress of your request.
- Through ILLiad Sojourner Truth Library borrows books, and obtains copies of journal articles and other items from other libraries. The library also lends books or media and provides copies of articles to other libraries.
Who Can Request Interlibrary Loan Service?
Faculty, staff and students with current SUNY New Paltz ID cards may use ILL/ILLiad.
What Can Be Requested?
- Most items can be borrowed, but it is the lending library that decides this and sets the loan period.
How Do You Request Interlibrary Loan Service?
- On the Sojourner Truth Library’s web site, click on ILLiad to register. You will first signon using your campus network signon. Then if you are a first-time ILLiad user, you will need to complete a registration form. You will need to include a valid email address.
How Do You Receive Your Interlibrary Loan Request?
- You will be notified by e-mail when your requested item has been received at the library.
- Books must be picked up at this library’s Checkout Desk during open library hours.
- Journal articles and other copies will be sent electronically or held for pick up.
- Some Interlibrary Loan materials may be received within 24 hours. Most books can be obtained within 72 hours from a consortium of libraries in NYS. Books and other materials not held within the consortium may take longer.
What Interlibrary Loan Services are Available to Distance Learners?
- Distance Learners (DLs) are people who are studying exclusively at New Paltz extension sites or through New Paltz online courses.
- DLs may request articles and chapters from items owned by STL, as well as from books and journals owned by other libraries. These are delivered directly to students via mail or electronically.
- Request items through the ILLiad system. DLs must identify themselves as "Distance Ed." on the ILLiad registration form, as well as in the "Notes" field of each request.
- You must be an actively registered student with a valid signon to the New Paltz campus network to register with ILLiad.
- If you have any questions, contact the Distance Learning Librarian .