- There are 25 iPads available for 7 day check out.
- There are 5 iPads available for 3 hour in Library use only.
- There are 30 iPad power cord and adapters for 7 day check out.
- iPads can be checked out from the Library by current students, faculty, and staff.
- Users must have a current SUNY New Paltz ID, and have read and agree to the iPad Lending Policy.
- The user’s SUNY New Paltz ID must be presented to the circulation staff each time an iPad is borrowed.
- Only one iPad can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out an iPad for another person.
- If there are fines on your library account, you may not borrow an iPad until all your fines are cleared.
- All iPads and accessories must be returned to the Library Checkout Desk during regular operating hours (link to library hour & calendar). Please DO NOT place them in the Library drop boxes.
- The loan period is either 3 hour in Library use or 7 day check out.
- iPads are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Library cannot guarantee that an iPad will be available. iPads cannot be renewed. The Library does not take reservations.
- There is a possible 24-hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned iPads.
Fines and Damages
- 7 day iPads: a $2.00 late fee will be assessed for each day or portion thereof that the iPad is returned past its due date. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- 3 hour iPads: a $2.00 late fee will be assessed when returned past its due time. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- A $2.00 late fee will be assessed for each day or portion thereof that the iPad power cord and adapter is returned past its due date. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The working condition of the iPad will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the iPad during their borrowing period.
- The replacement cost is $500 for a lost or stolen iPad. Repair cost for a damaged iPad can range up to $65 plus a processing fee, depending on severity.
- If an iPad is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement.
- A charge of $50.00 will be assessed for each lost power cord and adapter; $20 for a lost or broken case.
- If you “jail-break” the iPad, it voids the warranty and you will be charged the replacement cost of the device.
Personal Data and Information
- All personal data, apps, files, or documents saved to the iPad will be permanently erased after the device is returned.
- Users must sign-out of all personal accounts, services, and apps prior to returning the device.
- The iPads have 16GB of internal memory and are equipped with Wi-Fi which can be accessed through the borrower’s university wireless account. Each iPad comes with a suite of preloaded sample files and applications, but users may sync additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned to the Library.
- Any additional apps or media purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower’s own funds, and is not the responsibility of the Library.
- The library is not responsible for any files left on the device or for loss or damage to files.
- The library is not responsible for unauthorized access to personal accounts that the user fails to properly sign-out of, including but not limited to email, Twitter, Facebook, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- The library is not responsible for any issues or damages that the iPad may cause to any other equipment to which the iPad is connected.