- There are 27 laptops available for 3 hour in Library use only.
- There are 5 laptops available for 12 hour in Library use only.
- There are 15 laptop power cords for 3 hour in Library use only.
- Laptops can be checked out from the Library by current students, faculty, and staff.
- Users must have a current SUNY New Paltz ID, and have read and agree to the Laptop Lending Policy.
- The user’s SUNY New Paltz ID must be presented to the circulation staff each time a laptop is borrowed.
- Only one laptop can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out a laptop for another person.
- You may not borrow a laptop until all your fines are cleared.
- Laptops are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Library cannot guarantee that a laptop will be available. Laptops cannot be renewed. The Library does not take reservations.
- The loan period is 3 hour in Library use only
- All laptops and accessories must be returned to the Library Checkout Desk.
- All equipment must be returned no less than 30 minutes before the Library closes or an overdue fine will be imposed.
- There is a wait period of 1 hour after returning a laptop before borrowing another one.
Fines and Damages
- Laptops: a $2.00 late fee will be assessed when the laptop is returned past its due time or portion thereof. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- Laptop power cords: a $2.00 late fee will be assessed when the laptop power cord is returned past its due time or portion thereof. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- There is a $15.00 processing fee for late items. This processing fee is in addition to the overdue fees.
- The working condition of the laptop will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the laptop during their borrowing period.
- The laptops have security seals that should not be removed or tampered with while on loan. If the item is returned without the seal intact the borrower will be charged a $50 processing fee and may be responsible of replacement costs.
- The replacement cost is $500 for a lost, stolen, or damaged laptop.
- A charge of $50 will be assessed for each lost or broken power cord.
- If you jail-break the laptop, it voids the warranty and you will be charged the replacement cost of the device.
Personal Data and Information
- All personal data, apps, files, or documents saved to the laptop will be permanently erased after it is returned, including any programs or media purchased by the borrower via the laptop. Save all work to a USB drive or other external storage.
- Users must sign-out of all personal accounts, services, and apps prior to returning the device.
- The laptops have 250GB of internal memory and are equipped with Wi-Fi which can be accessed through the borrower’s campus wireless account. Each laptop comes with a suite of preloaded sample files and programs, but users may add additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and programs when the laptop is returned to the Library.
- Wireless printing is available in the library. Print jobs can be retrieved from Library Printer 1.
- The library is not responsible for any files left on the device or for loss or damage to files. The library is not responsible for unauthorized access to personal accounts that the user fails to properly sign-out of, including but not limited to email, Twitter, Facebook, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- The library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to or from a user’s disc.