Library Study Room Policy
The Sojourner Truth Library has individual study rooms and group study rooms available for the use of current students, faculty, and staff, who have valid SUNY New Paltz ID.
General Guidelines for Use:
Occupants of individual and group study rooms must adhere to the Code of Library Conduct. This includes maintaining reasonable noise levels and leaving the rooms in good condition for the next users.
The Library is not responsible for items left unattended.
Occupants may be asked to leave the library for inappropriate behavior. Their borrowing privileges may also be suspended.
The windows and walls may not be covered or altered by the occupants.
GROUP STUDY ROOM
- A GROUP STUDY ROOM is intended for the use of a GROUP of two or more people.
- Group study rooms are located on the Main Floor of the library.
- Rooms MUST be booked on the Group Study Room Booking System before use: https://apps.library.newpaltz.edu. Your online booking guarantees you will have the room for your full booking period. Any group that has a booking receives priority over those with none.
- The patron who books the room will receive an email receipt of the booking.
- Rooms may be booked for up to two hours per patron per day.
- If a group is more than 15 minutes late they will lose their booking and the room may be used by another group.
- Rooms may be booked only up to a week in advance.
- Library staff reserve the right to cancel any room booking. The patron who booked the room will receive an email notification of the cancellation.
- If you require a mouse and keyboard, they can be checked out at the Front Desk for a duration of two hours. Failing to return them on time will result in a fine.
- Please show consideration by straightening the room and clearing all trash when vacating.
- Please do not remove furniture from the room.
- Assistance available at the Front Desk.
INDIVIDUAL STUDY ROOM
- An INDIVIDUAL STUDY ROOM is designed for the use of ONE person only.
- Individual study rooms are located on the Concourse and the Ground Floor of the library.
- All individual study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There are four rooms for 4-hour use, and two rooms for 12-hour use.
- A study room key is checked out to one borrower. It is to be used ONLY by the person who checked out the key. It may not be shared or passed to another individual.
- The key must be returned to the Checkout Desk. There will be a fine for late or unreturned key. It will be declared lost 7 days after the due date and the borrower will be responsible for the replacement cost plus a processing fee.