Wireless Printing in the Library
Wireless Printing with PaperCut Web Client
Printing with the Web Client works like this:
- Sign on to the web client (see link below)
- Print to one of the printers installed on your machine
- the job will show up in the web client jobs on the web client’s web page
- Click the “Printers” button in the upper right
- Find and select the printer you sent the job to and click on it. The list is alphabetical
- you will see two of each printer. The wireless printer queues all end in (print.newpaltz.edu)
- Release the job from the printer queue
Bookmark the Web Client Page:
Installing One of the Library Printers to your Laptop
Copy the URL for the printer you want, then read the “Adding a printer…” instructions from the appropriate link below.
- Printer 1
- Printer 2
- Printer 3
- LateNight Room
- Color Printer
“Adding a printer” instructions for your operating system
- Adding a Printer – Linux
- Adding a Printer – Mac OS
- Adding a Printer – Windows 7
- Adding a Printer – Windows 8 and Newer
iPad, iPhone, and Android devices need special set up. Please use the campus page below.
NOTE-APPLE OSX: Double sided printing requires one step not in the instructions for your apple device!
- Find and select the “Duplex_installed“ option in the the printer properties that show after you click the Add button.
If you are still using the installed PaperCut client from last year
Only use this method if you have already downloaded the PaperCut app to your PC
- You can login to PaperCut any time by right clicking the PaperCut icon by the clock on the bottom right hand side of your PC screen and choosing “Login as”
- NOTE: If your laptop goes to sleep you may need to log in to PaperCut again.
- Print jobs do not print out until you go to the PaperCut print release web page and release them to print. (see below)
Releasing your print jobs with the PaperCut web page
After printing, your jobs will not come out until you release them with these steps:
- Double click the PaperCut icon by the clock on your task bar OR click the Details link in the Print Balance window, OR sign on to the PaperCut web page with your normal SUNY New Paltz user ID and password
- Click on the Jobs Pending Release link on the left, then select and release your print jobs to the printer