All Library Tech Training Pages for Staff – SAG
Library Technology Online Training Materials and Quizzes Updated for spring 2018
Feel free to read and take any one of our library technology training quizzes but all you really need to read are the ones that apply to your departments listed below. You need to take the accompanying quizzes when you are a new student assistant or staff. If you are a returning student assistant you only need to review the materials unless stated otherwise by your supervisor.
- Circulation Students and Staff- Take the Circ Laptop online quiz
- Reference Students and Staff- Take the Tech Help Pages Quiz
- Tech Students and Staff- Our training is in a Blackboard course that was shared during Orientation
Training for handling lending laptops and iPads
This is the information on Laptops and iPads. This information is not available to the patrons.
Circ Laptop/iPad information: http://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/laptopstaffpage.html
Circ Laptop online quiz: https://apps.library.newpaltz.edu/guide_on_the_side/tutorial/laptop-training-quiz
**Tech Laptop Troubleshooting Material: http://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/laptoptechhelp.html
Tech help pages – public area PCs, Printers, & Scanners etc.
Tech Help Pages: http://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/
More in depth support for PCs and printers
This is most of the the information from the Tech Help Binder behind the desk.These are the training pages not available to the public.
**To find all Student Assistant Guides on the admin pages of the website search for SAG to pull up each link.
**Tech Student Material:
- PCs in the library: https://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/librarypublicpcs_sag.html
- File recovery: https://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/recoverfilereboot_sag.html
- Printer problems: https://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/printerproblems_sag.html
- Manage the Big Printers Material: http://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/manageprinters.html
- The new color printer: http://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/colorprinter.html
older guides complete: https://library.newpaltz.edu/techpages/tech-team-student-assistant-guide.html